Fresh Air-New Ideas™
Please share your contact info to receive our free up-to-date industry great ideas!
Co-Founders of HospitalityEducators.com
Dr. John Hogan, CHE CHA CMHS is a career business professional and educator who has held senior leadership with responsibility in several organizations involving operational, academic and entrepreneurial enterprise. He has demonstrated competencies as a strong leader, relationship builder, problem solver and mentor and frequently invited to speak at franchise meetings, management company and hospitality association industry events. He also acts an expert witness in both research and testimony in hospitality industry related cases.
He writes weekly columns for a number of global online services, has published more than 400 columns and co-authored (with Howard Feiertag, CHA CMP) LESSONS FROM THE FIELD - a COMMON SENSE APPROACH TO EFFECTIVE HOTEL SALES. Hogan's professional experience includes over 35 years in operations, service, sales & marketing, training, management development and asset management on both a single and multi-property basis, including service as Senior Vice President of Operations in a specialty medically oriented hotel brand for eight years.
- He has led teams to awards of excellence in general management, marketing, housekeeping and maintenace, public relations and training from international brands.
- He has served as President of both city and state hotel and hospitality associations.
- He holds a number of industry certifications and is a past recipient of the American Hotel & Lodging Association's Pearson Award for Excellence in Lodging Journalism
John's background includes teaching college level courses as an adjunct professor at three different colleges and universities over a 20-year period, including Belmont University, Volunteer State CC and Newbury College.
- He has managed properties with Sheraton, Hilton, Omni, Park Suite and independent hotels.
- He was the principal in an independent training & consulting group for more than 12 years serving associations, management groups, convention & visitors' bureaus, academic institutions and as an expert witness.
- He joined Best Western International in 2000, where over the next 8 years he created and developed a blended learning system as the Director of Education & Cultural Diversity for the world's largest hotel chain.
He has served on several industry boards that deal with training, education and/or cultural diversity and as brand liaison to the NAACP and AAHOA with his long term involvement in the Certified Hotel Owner program. He has conducted an estimated 3,400 workshops and classes in his career. He serves on the AH&LA Certification Commission of the Educational Institute.
He is also the principal of www.HoganHospitality.com
Contact information :
602- 799-5375, email@example.com or info@HoganHospitality.com
Kathleen Hogan, MBA is Publisher and Co-founder of HospitalityEducators.com, a membership site for hospitality professionals with an emphasis on providing resources for operational managers of hotels and restaurants and making hotels more profitable.
Her articles for the hospitality industry focus on professional development and certification, business etiquette and human resources topics. They appear regularly in Hospitalitynet.org, Hotel News Resource, eHotelier.net, Hotelonline.com, Spaclique.com, 4Hoteliers.com and HospitalityEducators.com.
Her passion and personal focus is in evolving the Hospitality Students Corner @HospitalityEducators.com,
In addition to this current entrepreneurial website, she previously was part of the launch of another service business with the creation and implementation of the initial finance, marketing and advertising systems. Her management experience includes running the business office of a well-established architectural and engineering firm, including operating parallel computer programs for different aspects of the business.
Her banking experience ranges from small-town savings to prime mortgage lending institutions. She has experience in loan servicing, consumer lending and customer service. While working in residential mortgages, she handled a volume of accounts with varied loan program types and sizes. Her experience includes loan origination, processing, and desktop-underwriting.
- starting with the Internship Program Series.
- background in management, banking, and finance
- years of professional experience in business
- Master's Degree with Human Resources Management focus
On a personal basis, she has been involved the past several years as a volunteer in patient home care for Hospice of the Valley, the largest such organization in the United States.
Contact information :